The quantumdata 980B Test Platform is a 3/4-slot desktop chassis with a 15.0 inch touch screen. It can be equipped with up to three (3) to four (4) 980 series modules depending the modules configured. The 980B can be equipped with the following 980 series modules. Any of the seven (7) 980 series modules can be installed in the 980B Test Platform.
- NEW! 980 48G Protocol Analyzer / Generator module for HDMI Testing. The 980 48G Protocol Analyzer / Generator module for HDMI Testing provides the deep analysis test features necessary to test the development of your HDMI 2.1 source device at data rates up to 48Gbps. Deep analysis enables you to identify and resolve interoperability problems early in the product life cycle. The module also supports video generation of FRL streams to test FRL-capable displays. The video generator enables you to run functional tests on FRL-capable display devices by rendering uncompressed, unencrypted FRL streams at up to 8K video resolutions at lane rates up to 12Gb/s and at an aggregate link rate of 48Gb/s. The initial phase of the video generator function is implemented through a playback function which uses pre-captured FRL streams. The enhanced full video generator function for TMDS and FRL supports free selection of specific video formats (including 8K), colorimetry, bit depth, chroma subsampling and test patterns. Fixed Rate Link (FRL) source and sink compliance tests are also now supported.
- NEW! 980 DP 1.4 USB-C/eDP Video Generator / Analyzer module. The 980 DP 1.4 USB-C/eDP Video Generator / Analyzer module supports video, audio and protocol functional testing high-end DP displays on either or both standard DP connectors or USB-C DP alt mode capable connectors. The module supports HBR3 data rates including 1.63, 2.70, 5.40 & 8.1 Gbps on 1, 2 & 4 lanes on both its Tx ports and its Rx port. The 980 DP 1.4 Video Generator / Analyzer module is equipped with all the standard video timings and test patterns necessary for testing modern displays. The module's Tx ports support a variety of protocol functions tests on display devices such as EDID verification, DPCD decode, Link Training control and HDCP 1.3 and 2.2. You can monitor the Aux Channel transactions on both the Tx ports. The DP 1.4 module’s Rx analyzer port emulates a DisplayPort HBR3 display device including EDID, DPCD and HDCP (1.3 & 2.2) emulation, Rx Link Training function and MST Rx function. Compliance testing for both link layer (sources and sinks) and HDCP 2.2 for source, sinks and repeaters is also supported. If you have the USB-C DP Alt mode option enabled, you can monitor the Power Deliveriy (PD) protocol negotiations into DP Alt mode through the ACA as well.
- 980 HDMI 2.0 Video Generator module. The 980 HDMI 2.0 Video Generator module supports video and audio functional testing of HDMI 2.0 sink devices at TMDS characters rates up to 600MHz for testing ultra high definition HDTVs with 4K x 2K resolutions running at 50/60Hz. The 980 HDMI 2.0 Video Generator module also supports HDMI Forum-approved compliance testing for HDMI 2.0 sink tests at pixel rates up to 600MHz.
- 980 HDMI 2.0 Protocol Analyzer module. The 980 HDMI 2.0 Protocol Analyzer module supports deep analysis and compliance testing of HDMI 2.0 streams up to 600MHz. The module also supports HDMI 2.0 compliance testing for source devices. For HDMI the tool provides full visibility into the HDMI metadata, timing data, video data, control and auxiliary data up to 600MHz (HDMI) which supports testing of HDMI 2.0 4K Ultra HD sources at 50/60Hz.
The following is a list of some of important specifications of the 980B. Please refer to the 980B Data Sheet for a list of all specifications.
- Embedded touch screen – Screen size: 15.0 inch; Resolution: 1024 x 768 resolution; 24 bit RGB color.
- RJ-45 – Ethernet network connection for access using external 980 GUI Manager.
- Power (AC) – VAC 90 to 264VAC; Frequency: 47 – 63Hz.
- Dimensions – Height 38.7 cm (15.2 inches); Width: 36.5 cm (14.4 inches); Depth: 15.9 cm (6.2 inches).
- Weight – 10.78 kg (23.76 LBS)
- Environmental – Humidity: 30% – 80% RH non-condensing; Operating Temp: 32 – 104 F (0 – 40 C).