The 980 series products are module based platform solutions for R&D functional and interoperability testing and compliance testing. The 980 series offers three platform options and a variety of modules for testing HDMI, MHL and DisplayPort. Please refer to the 980 series Product Selection Guide for a summary of the features and functions of each module.
The 980 offers two (2) platform types:
- 980B Advanced Test Platform. A modular chassis with a 15 inch color touch display. Able to accommodate up to three (3) or four (4 modules).
- 980R Advanced Test Platform. A modular chassis with a 7 inch color touch display. Able to accommodate up to three (3) or four (4 modules).
The Teledyne LeCroy quantumdata 980 series offers the following modules currently:
- NEW! 980 48G Protocol Analyzer / Generator module for HDMI Testing. The 980 48G Protocol Analyzer / Generator module for HDMI Testing provides the deep analysis test features necessary to test the development of your HDMI 2.1 source device at data rates up to 48Gbps. Deep analysis enables you to identify and resolve interoperability problems early in the product life cycle. The module also supports video generation of FRL streams to test FRL-capable displays. The video generator enables you to run functional tests on FRL-capable display devices by rendering uncompressed, unencrypted FRL streams at up to 8K video resolutions at lane rates up to 12Gb/s and at an aggregate link rate of 48Gb/s. The initial phase of the video generator function is implemented through a playback function which uses pre-captured FRL streams. Future releases will include a full video generator function with specific selections of video formats, colorimetry, bit depth, chroma subsampling and test patterns. Fixed Rate Link (FRL) source compliance tests are also now supported with FRL sink testing to follow.
- 980 HDMI 18G Video Generator module for HDMI Testing. The 980 18G Video Generator module for HDMI Testing supports video and audio and protocol functional testing of HDMI 2.0 sink devices at TMDS characters rates up to 600MHz for testing ultra high definition HDTVs with 4K x 2K resolutions running at 50/60Hz. The 980 HDMI 2.0 Video Generator module also supports industry approved compliance testing for next generation UHD TVs. The module supports HDMI Forum-approved compliance testing for HDMI 2.0 sink tests at pixel rates up to 600MHz and UHD Alliance compliance testing for UHD TVs.
- 980 HDMI 18G Protocol Analyzer / Generator module for HDMI Testing. The 980 18G Protocol Analyzer / Generator module for HDMI Testing supports deep analysis and compliance testing of HDMI 2.0 streams up to 600MHz. The module also supports HDMI 2.0 compliance testing for source devices and UHD Alliance compliance testing for ultra high definition sources. For HDMI the tool provides full visibility into the HDMI metadata, timing data, video data, control and auxiliary data up to 600MHz (HDMI) which supports testing of HDMI 2.0 4K Ultra HD sources at 50/60Hz. The module is also equipped with an HDMI 2.0 transmitter port for testing sink devices. Currently the transmitter port functions are limited and provide only pass-through monitoring of an HDMI 2.0 video stream between a source and sink, pixel error testing of cables and distribution gear or entire distribution networks in loopback mode and capture and playback where an input stream can be captured, stored and then played back.
- 980 HDMI 1.4 Protocol Analyzer module. The 980 HDMI Protocol Analyzer module supports deep analysis of HDMI and MHL streams as well as HDMI and MHL compliance testing for source, sink, repeater/dongle devices. For HDMI the tool provides full visibility into the HDMI protocol, timing, control and auxiliary data up to 300MHz (HDMI) which supports testing of HDMI 2.0 4K Ultra HD sources at 50/60Hz using 4:2:0 pixel encoding. For MHL the module supports analysis of MHL 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 2.0, 2.1 and 2.2 source devices.
- 980 DP 1.4 Video Generator / Analyzer module. The 980 DP 1.4 Video Generator / Analyzer module supports video, audio and protocol functional testing high-end DP displays. The module supports HBR3 data rates including 1.63, 2.70, 5.40 & 8.1 Gbps on 1, 2 & 4 lanes on both its Tx ports and its Rx port. The 980 DP 1.4 Video Generator / Analyzer module is equipped with all the standard video timings and test patterns necessary for testing modern displays. The module's Tx ports support a variety of protocol functions tests on display devices such as EDID verification, DPCD decode, Link Training control and HDCP 1.3 and 2.2. You can monitor the Aux Channel transactions on both the Tx ports. The DP 1.4 module’s Rx analyzer port emulates a DisplayPort HBR3 display device including EDID, DPCD and HDCP (1.3 & 2.2) emulation, Rx Link Training function and MST Rx function. Compliance testing for both link layer (sources and sinks) and HDCP 2.2 for source, sinks and repeaters is also supported.
- 980 12G-SDI Video Generator / Analyzer module. The 980 SDI Video Generator module supports video and audio functional testing of next gen broadcast monitors and conversion devices up to 12G-SDI. The module is equipped with four (4) 12G-SDI-capable output ports. The output ports can aggregated for Dual link HD-SDI and Quad link 3G-SDI operation. A gen-lock input supporting both SD analog black burst and HD tri-level to sync the output clocks with a "house sync." The module provides a programmable audio sine wave generator supporting 2 channel through 12 channel LPCM audio. The analyzer function are provided by the SDI input ports. The analyzer function enables you to look at the incoming video in real time and view the essential video parameters in the status bar. You can also monitor the audio, audio channel status bits and you can eject audio through the 980's SPDIF connectors for external monitoring. The analyzer also enables you to view the incoming ancillary data in real time.
- 980 HDMI Phy & Protocol Aux Channel Analyzer module. The 980 HDMI Phy & Protocol Aux Channel Analyzer module supports compliance testing of the HDMI DDC bus and HDMI 2.0 CEC testing. The module’s CEC compliance tests enable you to identify compliance failures early in the development cycle. The solution is ideal for pre-testing and self-testing (where permitted) your HDMI 2.0 device. The module also supports compliance testing of the HDMI DDC bus voltage and timing parameters in accordance with HDMI 1.4b.