The M41h and M41d are compact versatile test instruments offering entry level functional testing that can be extended through software licenses to full compliance testers with sophisticated analysis and diagnostic capabilities.
- NEW! M42d 80G Video Analyzer/Generator module for DisplayPort 2.0 Testing. The M42d Video Analyzer/Generator provides functional and will support compliance testing for video, audio and protocol of DisplayPort 2.0 and DisplayPort 1.4. The M42d supports legacy DisplayPort lane rates of 1.62, 2.7, 5.4, 8.1 Gb/s and the new DP 2.0 higher speed lane rates of 10.0, 13.5, & 20.0 Gb/s data rates with the new line coding—128b/132b. The protocol analyzer provides a snap shot status view and deep analysis using captures of incoming DisplayPort 2.0 streams from source devices including DSC/FEC compressed streams. The M42d’s video generator can be used for testing silicon as well as devices such as displays, USB-C adapters, extenders, etc. The video generator offers a large library of standard video timings and test patterns necessary for testing next generation high resolution displays.
- M41h 48G Video Analyzer/Generator module for HDMI Testing. The M41h 48G Video Analyzer/Generator for HDMI Testing provides the deep analysis test features necessary to test the development of your HDMI 2.1 source device at data rates up to 48Gbps. Deep analysis enables you to identify and resolve interoperability problems early in the product life cycle. The M41h also supports video generation of FRL streams to test FRL-capable displays. The video generator enables you to run functional tests on FRL-capable display devices by rendering uncompressed, unencrypted FRL streams at up to 8K video resolutions at lane rates up to 12Gb/s and at an aggregate link rate of 48Gb/s. The enhanced full video generator function for TMDS and FRL supports free selection of specific video formats (including 8K), colorimetry, bit depth, chroma subsampling and test patterns. Fixed Rate Link (FRL) source and sink compliance tests are also now supported.
- M41d HBR3 Video Analyzer/Generator module for DisplayPort Testing. The M41d Video Generator/Analyzer supports video, audio and protocol functional testing high-end DP displays on either or both standard DP connectors or USB-C DP alt mode capable connectors. The module supports HBR3 data rates including 1.63, 2.70, 5.40 & 8.1 Gbps on 1, 2 & 4 lanes on both its Tx ports and its Rx port. The M41d is equipped with all the standard video timings and test patterns necessary for testing modern displays. The M41d's Tx ports support a variety of protocol functions tests on display devices such as EDID verification, DPCD decode, Link Training control and HDCP 1.3 and 2.2. You can monitor the Aux Channel transactions on both the Tx ports. The DP 1.4 module’s Rx analyzer port emulates a DisplayPort HBR3 display device including EDID, DPCD and HDCP (1.3 & 2.2) emulation, Rx Link Training function and MST Rx function. Compliance testing for both link layer (sources and sinks) and HDCP 2.2 for source, sinks and repeaters is also supported. If you have the USB-C DP Alt mode option enabled, you can monitor the Power Deliveriy (PD) protocol negotiations into DP Alt mode through the ACA as well.
For developers of Embedded DisplayPort (eDP), the M41d offers the hardware necessary to support a variety of optional eDP features. Initial support includes fast link training, Advanced Link Power Management (ALPM) and backlight control through control pins. A pin header is available to provide access to the backlight Tx control test feature.
The quantumdata 780 series products are handheld test instruments primarily for installers but also very popular with engineers in R&D as well. They provide basic functional and interoperability testing for HDMI, DVI (single link), analog RGB and component as well as HDBaseT on the 780C, 780D and 780E models, and 3G-SDI on the 780C instrument. Please refer to the 780 Product Selection Guide for a summary of the features and functions of each 780 test instrument. THe following 780 models are available:
- 780E Video Generator / Analyzer for HDMI, DisplayPort & HDBaseT Testing. The 780E Video Generator / Protocol Analyzer for HDMI, DisplayPort and HDBaseT Testing, is a handheld digital video generator and analyzer that enables you to run tests on various digital video devices and network distribution devices on site or in the R&D lab. The 780E instrument provides a 7 inch color touch screen for operation and for viewing status of outgoing and incoming video and audio. The 780E is equipped with multiple interface types including HDMI, DisplayPort and HDBaseT. The HDMI Tx and Rx ports operate up to 600MHz for testing of 4K Ultra HD HDMI 2.0 devices at 50/60Hz with 4:4:4 pixel encoding. The HDBaseT Tx and Rx ports operate at 300MHz for testing of 4K Ultra HD HDMI 2.0 devices at 50/60Hz with 4:2:0 pixel encoding. The DisplayPort Tx and Rx ports operate at link rates up to 5.4 Gb/s on 1, 2 or 4 lanes. Testing digital interfaces is supported by both an output port and an input port to allow testing of digital video sources, displays, audio devices and distribution devices. Testing hybrid converter devices supporting HDMI, DisplayPort and HDBaseT distribution networks is a key application of the 780E as well. The 780E supports HDCP 2.2/2.3 authentication testing on both its HDMI and DisplayPort Tx and Rx ports.
- 780C Video Generator / Analyzer for HDMI, HDBaseT & 3G-SDI Testing. The 780C Video Generator / Protocol Analyzer for HDMI Testing is a handheld digital video generator and analyzer that enables you to run tests on various digital video devices and network distribution devices on site or in the R&D lab. The 780C instrument provides a 7 inch color touch screen for operation and for viewing status of outgoing and incoming video and audio. The 780C is equipped with multiple interface types including HDMI, HDBaseT, 3G-SDI and component analog. The HDMI and HDBaseT Tx and Rx ports operate at 300MHz for testing of 4K Ultra HD HDMI 2.0 devices at 50/60Hz. Testing digital interfaces is supported by both an output port and an input port to allow testing of digital video sources, displays, audio devices and distribution devices. Testing hybrid converter devices supporting 3G-SDI, HDMI, HDBaseT distribution networks is a key application of the 780C as well.
The quantumdata 804 series products are rack-mount or desktop video generators primarily intended for testing HDTVs in manufacturing but also very popular with R&D. They provide basic functional and interoperability testing for HDMI, DVI (single link) and analog RGB and component. They can be operated either through the embedded touch screen display or through the command line via USB or RS-232. There are three (3) 804 instruments to choose from. Please refer to the 804 series Product Selection Guide for a summary of the features and functions of each 804 test instrument.
- 804 Video Generator. The rack mountable 804 Video Generator is optimized for testing modern HDMI flat panel TVs. The 804 video test generator supports testing of HDMI resolutions operating up to 225MHz. The 804 is equipped with four (4) HDMI outputs—all active simultaneously—for testing HDTVs with multiple HDMI inputs.
- 804B Video Generator. The 804B Video Generator supports testing of 4K Ultra HD TVs up to 600MHz pixel rate. Tests HDMI 2.0 devices at 50/60Hz with 4:4:4 pixel encoding on sinks. Supports testing of HDMI 2.0 EDIDs on sink devices. The instrument also enables verification of HDCP 2.2/2.3 authentication with an HDMI 2.0 4K UHD TV at 600MHz. Like the 804 and 804A, the 804B is equipped with four (4) HDMI outputs—all active simultaneously—for testing HDTVs with multiple HDMI inputs.
The Teledyne LeCroy quantumdata 882E is packed with features for video and audio testing of HDMI® or DisplayPort sources, sinks and repeaters (HDMI). The 882E can be equipped with either an HDMI transmitter or DisplayPort 1.1 transmitter. The HDMI transmitter provides 12-bit/component deep color and HDMI 3D testing features. The DisplayPort 1.1 provides pattern testing at pixel rates up to 268MHz. An analog option with 250MHz analog output and composite analog for NTSC and PAL testing is available as well with the HDMI transmitter only configuration.
The HDMI and DisplayPort options also support an analyzer option for testing timing and video on source devices. Industry approved test tools such as HDCP compliance, CEC compliance and EDID compliance testing for HDMI are available with the HDMI analyzer. For DisplayPort the 882E analyzer option provides test tools for HDCP compliance, Link Layer compliance and EDID compliance.