The 980 series platforms are modular based systems that can accommodate multiple 980 series modules. There are two 980 Advanced Test Platforms (ATP) currently available:
1) 980 ATP - 2-slot, 10.4 inch touch display
2) 980B ATP - 5-slot, 15 inch touch display
3) 980R ATP - 5-slot, 7 inch touch display
The 980, 980B, 980R Advanced Test Platforms have a common software base and can be equipped with the same modules except where noted below. The difference between the two platforms is the number of modules they can accommodate and the size of the touch display for operation and viewing. The 980 platform can accommodate two (2) modules and is equipped with a 10.4 inch touch screen. The 980B platform can accomodate five (5) modules and is equipped with a 15 inch touch display.
Currently there are seven (7) modules available. Detailed information including data sheets, presentations, user guides etc. can be obtained for each module at the links below:
1) The 980 HDMI Protocol Analyzer module
2) The 980 HDMI Video Generator module
3) The 980 MHL CBUS Compliance Test module
4) The 980 DP 1.2 Video Generator / Analyzer module
5) The 980 HDMI 2.0 600MHz Video Generator module
6) The 980 HDMI 2.0 600MHz Protocol Analyzer module
7) The 980 HDMI Phy & Protocol Aux Channal Analyzer module
Please check out the 980 Series Product Selection Guide to get a general understanding of the features of each module.
The platforms and their modules can be controlled either through the PC-based 980 GUI Manager or through the embedded 980 GUI Manager running on the 980 series platforms themselves. The 980/980B's built-in color touch screens provide a graphical user interface (GUI) to control the instrument and to view incoming video and metadata in the Real Time mode when using the 980 HDMI Protocol Analyzer modules or the HDMI analyzer.