- DTV readyPre-programmed standard DTV formats are ready for immediate use. Digital outputs support YCbCr color encoding. Analog outputs support tri-level composite sync and YPbPr.
- Built-in formatsOver 250 popular video formats are built-in including VESA, ATSC, EIA-770.x, SMPTE 170, 240, 259, 267, 274, 292, 293, 295, 296, Australian, EIA/CEA-861B, SECAM, NTSC and PAL.
- Central administrationUpdate and configure all networked instruments from a single computer.
- Network controlFully control instrument from any network location with web browser or Telnet client.
- Graphics SDKCreate complex patterns based on your specifications using C++ software development kit.
- HDMI and DVIFull single-link HDMI 1.1 and DVI (165MHz) in same instrument. DVI requires HDMI-to-DVI adaptor cable. HDCP production keys for HDMI output.
- Easy to useAccess powerful features easily using intuitive user interface.
- Multiple configurationsSave and restore different instrument configurations for different applications.
- Local pattern storageStore multiple custom images (.bmp, .jpg, and .png) images in instrument.
- Self-calibratingAnalog video outputs are automatically adjusted against an internal precision reference. This assures video levels that are precise and reliable. Signal levels are auto-adjusted individually.
- 250 MHz analog pixel rateProgrammable precision RGB, YPbPr.
- ProbeTrigger a scope or inspection camera using the probe signal. Position a pulse anywhere in the frame.
- PC CardClone one generator to another using a standard CompactFlash card.
- CEC Debug Utility (882 only)The CEC debug toolkit enables developers to troubleshoot low level problems in the CEC protocol such as bus timing errors and protocol anomalies e.g. arbitration, acknowledgement and end of message bit errors. Detailed transaction logs of the CEC bus activity are available as well. These can be viewed on line or saved to a file.
- HDMI transmitter features:
- Advanced E-EDID parsing
- High-level Active Format Description (AFD) controls
- AFD test suite
- Pixel repetition test suite
- Automatic and manual InfoFrame setup
- Internal sine wave generator, and external SPDIF audio input
- 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 176.4 and 192kHz audio sampling rates
- Generates all EIA/CEA-861-C formats below 165 MHz, with all possible variations
- Complete letterbox and scope coverage
- 4:2:2 color sub-sampling at 8, 10, and 12-bits per component
- Hot-plug format list
- Includes two (2) DVI-D (M) to HDMI (M) cables, VGA to RCA cable, and HDMI-HDMI cable.
- TVCVBS and S-video outputs.
- IEEE-488GPIB (IEEE-488) interface.
- RS-232Industry standard serial interface.
- HDMI and DVI Analyzer (882 only)Full single-link HDMI 1.1 and DVI analyzer up to (150MHz) in same instrument. Measures source timing and source pixel errors. Also useful for testing cables. Test results can be issued as formatted reports.
- CEC Compliance Tester (882 only)The Test Management Environment (TME) software provides an expert-like system with a graphical interface for running pre-compliance tests in accordance with the HDMI/CEC Compliance Test Specification.
- SD/HD-SDISingle link
- 1.485Gb/s and 1.485/1.001Gb/s
- 4:2:2 color sub-sampling at 10-bits per component
- Null Modem (p/n 30-00124)The null modem cable is provide with all 880 series generators. It is used for connecting a PC to the generator to control the generator through the command line interface.
- Ethernet cross over cable (p/n 30-00151)The Ethernet cross over cable is provide with all 880 series generators. It is used for connecting a PC to the generator for web browser access.
- Line Cord (p/n 30A00400A03)The 6 foot line cord is provided with all 880 series generators. It is a detachable power cord used to provide power to the generator.
- VGA to HDTV adaptor (p/n 99-00503)The 0.5 foot VGA to HDTV adaptor cable is provided with all 880 series generators. It is used to connect a VGA cable from the generator to a TV monitor with RCA connectors.
- BNC to RCA adaptor (p/n 30-00123)The BNC to RCA adaptor is provided with 880 series generators that have the TV option. It is used on the TV to allow a coaxial cable connection from the TV to the generator's BNC TV output.
- DVI to HDMI adaptor (p/n 30-00145)The 6 foot DVI to HDMI cable is provided with 880 series generators. It is used to connect the generator to a DVI monitor from the generator's HDMI output connector.
- HDMI to HDMI adaptor (p/n 30-00146)The 6 foot HDMI to HDMI cable is provided with 880 series generators. It is used to connect the generator to an HDMI monitor from the generator's HDMI output connector.
- VGA HD15(M) to RCA (p/n 30-00147)The 6 foot VGA to (1)RCA cable is provided with 880 series generators that do not have the HDMI analyzer option. It is used to connect an external digital audio source to the generator's AV monitoring port.
- VGA HD15(M) to (5)RCA (p/n 30-00150)The 6 foot VGA to (5)RCA cable is provided with 880 series generators that have the HDMI analyzer option. It is used to connect an external digital audio source to the generator's AV monitoring port and to transmit digital audio out to a player. It is also used for monitoring the HDMI analyzer input by connecting the VGA HD connector to the generator's AV port and the RCA video cables to a TV monitor.
- VGA HD15(M) to (5)BNC(M) (p/n 30-00141)The 1.5 foot VGA to (5)BNC(M) cable is an optional cable that has to be ordered separately. It is used to connect a VGA cable to a TV monitor at the BNC connectors.
- VGA HD15(M) to (5)BNC(F) (p/n 30-00142)The 1.5 foot VGA to (5)BNC(F) cable is an optional cable that has to be ordered separately. It is used to connect a VGA cable to a TV monitor at the BNC connectors.
- DVI to DVI (p/n 99-00494)The 6 foot DVI to DVI cable is an optional cable that has to be ordered separately. It is used to connect the generator's DVI output to a DVI monitor.
- ESD-1 (00-00167). Provides external ESD protection for DVI connectors.
- 128MB Compact flash memory card (82-00133 and 82-00134)
- Remote keypad (00-00123) Allow entry of numeric command to load images and formats from up to 43" (1.1 m) from the generator.