New “980R” Video Test Generator Platform ideal for development labs and manufacturing
Elgin IL - March 26, 2014 - Quantum Data™, a worldwide provider of video test and compliance solutions, today announced the release of the 980R Advanced Test Platform. The 980R offers a multi-slot solution to allow population of up to five (5) application modules depending on module type. The 980R’s lower profile chassis enables it to be rack mounted in a standard 19 inch relay rack occupying 3U. It is ideally suited for use in manufacturing but can also be used in R&D where a reduced chassis size is desired. The 980R features a 7-inch touch display with 800 by 480 screen resolution. Users can connect to the 980R through Ethernet with a PC and use the external 980 GUI Manager application if a larger viewing area is necessary.
The 980R joins the existing 5-slot 980B and the 2-slot 980 in the series of multi-slot 980 Advanced Test Platforms. Currently there are five (5) modules that can be populated in the 980B and 980R series platforms. A sixth module—the 980 HDMI 2.0 Protocol Analyzer module—will be released soon:
- 980 HDMI 2.0 Video Generator module supports testing at pixel rates up to 600MHz for HDMI Ultra HD TVs at 50/60Hz with RGB and YCbCr 4:4:4 pixel encoding.
- 980 HDMI Protocol Analyzer module supports testing of HDMI source devices at pixel rates up to 300MHz. The instrument provides deep analysis of HDMI source devices as well as HDMI/MHL source and sink compliance testing including compliance tests for HDMI 2.0.
- 980 DisplayPort 1.2 Video Generator module supports testing of DP 1.2 displays at HBR2 link rates on 4 lanes.
- 980 HDMI Video Generator module supports testing at pixel rates up to 300MHz for HDMI Ultra HD TVs and sinks including advanced features such as deep color, 3D and 4K resolutions at 50/60Hz with HDMI 2.0 4:2:0 pixel encoding.
- 980 MHL CBUS Compliance Module supports CBUS compliance testing for MHL source, sink and dongle devices.
- COMING SOON! 980 HDMI 2.0 Protocol Analyzer module supports testing at pixel rates up to 600MHz. The instrument provides deep analysis of HDMI 2.0 source devices as well as HDMI 2.0 source compliance testing.
The 980R can be equipped in a variety of module configurations using the currently available five modules. With the 980R, customers can invest in a platform that can grow to meet all their video test applications. For additional information on the 980R platform, visit: Quantum Data Advanced Test Platforms.
About Quantum Data
Headquartered in Elgin, Illinois, Quantum Data, Inc. invents test instruments that help manufacturers bring next-generation video, audio, and control products to market – faster and without interoperability problems. These instruments simultaneously improve a manufacturer's time-to-market and interoperability with other manufacturer's products. Features include signal emulation, signal analysis, troubleshooting and compliance testing. Quantum Data's instruments are used in product development, certification, manufacturing, installation, and service environments. Quantum Data sells and services OEMs and resellers, as well as selling private label test instruments to other OEMs. For more information about Quantum Data please visit: www.quantumdata.com.
Vice President of Sales and Marketing