New test patterns facilitate video calibration on
high-end 3D-capable HDTVs
Elgin IL - June 12, 2012 - Quantum Data™, a worldwide provider of video test and compliance solutions, today announced the release of a set of THX® test patterns for its 780 Handheld Test Instrument. The test pattern package has been licensed to Quantum Data by THX Ltd. and is the result of Quantum Data’s continued collaboration with THX. The THX test patterns enable A/V professionals to calibrate the displays on high-end 3D-capable HDTVs to match the same standards as those used in post-production facilities worldwide.
Below are some of the THX test patterns included:
• 3D convergence – test patterns to align pixels for proper convergence
• 3D crosstalk – test patterns to determine level of 3D crosstalk
• Color gamut – 2D/3D primary and secondary color patterns to fine-tune colors and gamma
• Picture performance – pattern within THX Optimizer to verify accuracy of skin tones
• THX box – 2D/3D grayscale test patterns to accurately adjust white point and gamma
• THX Optimizer – test patterns to easily adjust brightness, contrast, color, tint, etc.
• Uniformity – 2D/3D circle patterns to determine luminance and chrominance screen uniformity
With the inclusion of these THX test patterns, the 780 Test Instrument now serves as a complete reference source for video calibrators, eliminating the need for supplemental source equipment and content, such as DVD players and reference discs, which vary across suppliers.
The Quantum Data 780 Test Instrument has become an important tool in the industry for diagnosing HDMI interoperability problems both in the field for installers and in the lab for developers. The 780 Test Instrument serves as the reference test equipment for the CEDIA HDMI Troubleshooting course.
For additional information on the 780 Handheld Test Instrument and the THX test pattern option, please contact your Quantum Data representative and visit: www.quantumdata.com/products/780.asp.
About Quantum Data
Headquartered in Elgin, Illinois, Quantum Data, Inc. invents test instruments that help manufacturers bring next-generation video, audio, and control products to market – faster and without interoperability problems. These instruments simultaneously improve a manufacturer's time-to-market and interoperability with other manufacturer's products. Features include signal emulation, signal analysis, troubleshooting and compliance testing. Quantum Data's instruments are used in product development, certification, manufacturing, installation, and service environments. Quantum Data sells and services OEMs and resellers, as well as selling private label test instruments to other OEMs. For more information about Quantum Data please visit: www.quantumdata.com.
Vice President of Sales