As a Test Engineer in the Applications Engineering Department you will be responsible for the following:
- Testing new release hardware and software provided by Engineering Department prior to official release to manufacturing.
- Creating automated test scripts to verify new and existing functionality.
- Investigating and reporting discrepancies.
- Maintaining the test environment so that we can move toward continuous integration and test
- Working with Product Engineering group to duplicate and resolve customer-reported product defects.
- There is no travel requirement for this position. This position will typically be operating out of the Elgin facility on a daily basis.
- Work with other Application Engineer(s) on specific sales support projects as may be required.
- Working on customer related problem solutions via email and telephone contact.
- Associates or Bachelorís Degree in engineering, computer science, or relevant discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to develop software in Python or similar scripting language; and in C, C++, or Java.
- Object oriented design skills are preferred.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Working knowledge of basic electrical/electronic circuit theory.
- Proactive problem solver.
- Ability to self-manage projects.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and team skills.
Additional Desirable Skills:
- Experience in hardware/software testing.
- Experience creating test automation programs and knowledge of common test software tools.
- Working knowledge of video technologies, and electronics.
- Customer support experience.
- Ability to self-manage projects.
- Experience using test instruments (e.g. oscilloscopes, digital video/audio analyzers).
Electronics Product Assembler/Inventory Clerk
The Electronics Product Assembler/Inventory Clerk will work in a lean manufacturing cell environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assembling units to specification including mechanical assembly, mounting printed circuits boards, and electrical wiring.
- Positioning parts according to knowledge of unit being assembled, following design documents, schematics and bill of materials.
- Perform warehouse management transactions that support and control inventory receipt, kitting for sub-assembly, distribution, allocation, and cycle counting.
- Fastening parts using hand or small power tools.
- Loading and testing of software and testing functionality.
- Use of ATE (Automated Test Equipment) to measure product parameter specifications.
- Calibrating electrical assemblies.
- Performing final tests on instruments to assure quality before shipment to customers.
- Communicate quality defects and process problems to quality leaders to ensure corrective actions are taken and manufacturing standards are met.
- Prior use of electronic test measuring equipment and soldering (eg volt meter and scope).
- Examine contents of incoming shipments and compare with records such as packing slips, invoices, purchase order to verify accuracy.
- Perform physical and systematic transactions required to manage and track materials and inventory.
- Confer or correspond with operational personnel to rectify problems, such as damage, shortages, or nonconformance to specifications.
- Travel to Offsite Contract Manufacturer to perform above duties working independently.
- Minimum of High School Diploma or Associates Degree.
- 2-3 years of related experience.
- Prior experience in the Electronic/Electrical Manufacturing Industry.
- Detail oriented, organized, and accurate attributes.
- Capable of physical material handling requirements, being able to lift 50lbs.
About Quantum Data
Headquartered in Elgin, Illinois, Quantum Data, Inc. invents test instruments that help manufacturers bring next-generation video, audio, and control products to market - faster and without interoperability problems. These instruments improve a manufacturer's time-to-market and interoperability with other products. Features include device emulation, signal analysis, troubleshooting, and compliance testing. Quantum Data's instruments are used in product development, certification, manufacturing, installation, and service environments and are sold worldwide.
Quantum Data is a small company with a 30-plus year history of innovation. Our customers are leaders in the consumer electronics, PC, medical, and military industries. Customers such as Apple, Cisco, LG, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, Bose, Intel, HP, Dell, Lockheed, and Northrop all look to Quantum Data for technical solutions. Quantum Data is sought after to, and actively chairs consumer electronic standard committees.