Electronics Product Assembler/Inventory Clerk
The Electronics Product Assembler/Inventory Clerk will work in a lean manufacturing cell environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assembling units to specification including mechanical assembly, mounting printed circuits boards, and electrical wiring.
- Positioning parts according to knowledge of unit being assembled, following design documents, schematics and bill of materials.
- Perform warehouse management transactions that support and control inventory receipt, kitting for sub-assembly, distribution, allocation, and cycle counting.
- Fastening parts using hand or small power tools.
- Loading and testing of software and testing functionality.
- Use of ATE (Automated Test Equipment) to measure product parameter specifications.
- Calibrating electrical assemblies.
- Performing final tests on instruments to assure quality before shipment to customers.
- Communicate quality defects and process problems to quality leaders to ensure corrective actions are taken and manufacturing standards are met.
- Prior use of electronic test measuring equipment and soldering (eg volt meter and scope).
- Examine contents of incoming shipments and compare with records such as packing slips, invoices, purchase order to verify accuracy.
- Perform physical and systematic transactions required to manage and track materials and inventory.
- Confer or correspond with operational personnel to rectify problems, such as damage, shortages, or nonconformance to specifications.
- Travel to Offsite Contract Manufacturer to perform above duties working independently.
- Minimum of High School Diploma or Associates Degree.
- 2-3 years of related experience.
- Prior experience in the Electronic/Electrical Manufacturing Industry.
- Detail oriented, organized, and accurate attributes.
- Capable of physical material handling requirements, being able to lift 50lbs.
About Quantum Data
Headquartered in Elgin, Illinois, Quantum Data, Inc. invents test instruments that help manufacturers bring next-generation video, audio, and control products to market - faster and without interoperability problems. These instruments improve a manufacturer's time-to-market and interoperability with other products. Features include device emulation, signal analysis, troubleshooting, and compliance testing. Quantum Data's instruments are used in product development, certification, manufacturing, installation, and service environments and are sold worldwide.
Quantum Data is a small company with a 30-plus year history of innovation. Our customers are leaders in the consumer electronics, PC, medical, and military industries. Customers such as Apple, Cisco, LG, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, Bose, Intel, HP, Dell, Lockheed, and Northrop all look to Quantum Data for technical solutions. Quantum Data is sought after to, and actively chairs consumer electronic standard committees.