The Teledyne LeCroy quantumdata 882EA-HDMI test instrument offers a rich set of features for testing HDMI 1.4b sources, sinks and repeaters up to pixel rates of 165MHz and TMDS character rates up to 225MHz when deep color is used. Please refer to the 882EA-HDMI data sheet or the tabs on this webpage for a list of features, options and specifications.
The following is a partial list of features supported by the 882EA-HDMI Video Generator with the Analyzer option. For a complete list of features please refer to the Data Sheet and User Guide available at the links on this webpage.
- HDMI–Full single-link HDMI – DVI HDCP production keys for HDMI output.
- HMDI 3D pattern testing – Testing per HDMI standard with 3D Bitmap Conversion Tool
- Image Control Tool – Fine tune HDMI deep color images (882E only).
- DTV ready – Pre-programmed standard DTV formats are ready for immediate use. Digital outputs support YCbCr color encoding. Analog outputs support tri-level composite sync and YPbPr.
- Built-in formats – Over 350 popular video formats are built-in including VESA, ATSC, EIA-770.x, SMPTE 170, 240, 259, 267, 274, 292, 293, 295, 296, Australian, EIA/CEA-861D, NTSC and PAL.
- Advanced E-EDID parsing – Provide decoded EDID in human readable text.
- Hot-plug format list – Configures list of formats in accordance with EDID of connected sink. (
- Automatic and programmable HDMI InfoFrame setup.
- Audio testing – Internal sine wave generator, and external SPDIF audio input (HDMI). User defined sampling rates: 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 176.4 and 192kHz.
- HDMI EDID Compliance Test – Runs the HDMI compliance test on the EDID of the connected sink device.
- HDMI Active Format Descriptor (AFD) testing – Ability to run the active format descriptor test on a sink device under test.
- HDMI pixel repetition testing – Ability to run the pixel repetition test on a sink device under test.
- HDMI PacketTx test image & report – Enables you to view the data island and infoframe data transmitted from the HDMI transmitter to the HDMI sink under test.
- Aux Channel Analyzer (ACA) – Enables you to monitor the DDC channel for the HDCP authentication transactions and EDID exchanges and CEC messages on the CEC bus.
- Configure list of video formats based on EDID of connected HDMI sink following hot plug.
- HDCP testing – Run basic HDCP functional tests on HDMI sink devices.
- EDID testing – Run basic EDID functional tests on HDMI sink devices.
- Source video testing – Run basic video tests on HDMI source devices to verify video timing and video parameters.
- Source EDID testing – Run basic functional tests on HDMI source devices, emulate a variety of EDIDs to test a source’s response.
- EDID Editor – Modify EDIDs or create your own custom EDIDs.
- Local pattern storage – Store multiple custom images (.bmp, .jpg, and .png) images in instrument.
- Probe Trigger – Trigger a scope or inspection camera using the probe signal. Position a pulse anywhere in the frame.
- Central administration – Update and configure all networked instruments from a single computer.
- Network control – Fully control instrument from any network location with web browser or Telnet client.
- Graphics SDK – Create complex patterns based on your specifications using C++ software development kit.
- Easy to use – Access powerful features easily using intuitive user interface.
- Multiple configurations – Save and restore different instrument configurations for different applications.
- PC Card–Clone one generator to another using a standard CompactFlash card.
- IEEE-488-GPIB – (IEEE-488) command interface.
- RS-232 – Industry standard serial interface.
The Teledyne LeCroy quantumdata 882EA-HDMI offers the following options:
- Integrated Troubleshooting Environment (ITE) “CEC Controller” – Ability to emulate a CEC device and send messages and respond to messages. Also enables you to simulate CEC errors such as timing and bit errors as well as acknowledgement and arbitration errors.
- HDMI 1.4 CEC Compliance test” – Industry approved CEC compliance test for any CEC device. Covers all functional sections of the test.
- HDMI HDCP 1.2 Compliance test – Industry approved HDCP compliance test for HDMI 1.4a sources, repeaters and sinks.
- VESA EDID 1.4 Verification Test – Run EDID compliance tests on the VESA EDID on DisplayPort sink devices.
The following is a list of some of important specifications of the 882EA-HDMI instrument. Please refer to the 882EA-HDMI Data Sheets for a list of all features, benefits, options and specifications.
- HDMI Tx – Connector: Type A; Pixel rate: Up to 165 MHz; TMDS rate: up to 225 MHz with deep color. Video Type/Sampling: RGB/YCbCr 4:4:4, 4:2:2, 24/30/36 bit color; Colorimetry: ITU-R BT.601-5, ITU-R BT.709-5.
- HDMI Rx – Connector: Type A; Pixel rate: Up to 165 MHz; TMDS rate: up to 225 MHz with deep color. Video Type/Sampling: RGB/YCbCr 4:4:4, 4:2:2, 24/30/36 bit color; Colorimetry: ITU-R BT.601-5, ITU-R BT.709-5.
- Front panel push button LCD interface: Screen size: 4-line x characters.
- 10/100 BaseT Ethernet (TCP/IP, FTP, Telnet).
- RS-232 – Serial command line for automated control.
- Power (AC) – VAC 90 to 264VAC; Power: Frequency: 47 – 63Hz.
- Dimensions – Height 3.42 inches (8.70 cm); Width: 13.0 inches (33.0 cm); Depth: 11.20 inches (28.40 cm).
- Weight – 8.62 LBS (3.9 Kg).
- Environmental – Humidity: 30% – 80% RH non-condensing; Operating Temp: 32 – 104 F (0 – 40 C).