The Teledyne LeCroy quantumdata 881E/882E-HDMI Video Generator model is packed with features for video and audio testing of HDMI 1.4a sink devices. The 881E-HDMI model option is a lower-cost version with the full HDMI transmitter functions necessary for testing modern HDTVs on manufacturing production lines. The 882E-HDMI version includes all the features of the 881E-HDMI instrument but also includes some additional options related to testing HDMI.
The 88xE-HDMI provides the following features:
- HDMI–Full single-link HDMI – DVI HDCP production keys for HDMI output.
- HMDI 3D pattern testing – Testing per HDMI standard with 3D Bitmap Conversion Tool
- Image Control Tool – Fine tune HDMI deep color images (882E only).
- DTV ready – Pre-programmed standard DTV formats are ready for immediate use. Digital outputs support YCbCr color encoding. Analog outputs support tri-level composite sync and YPbPr.
- Built-in formats – Over 350 popular video formats are built-in including VESA, ATSC, EIA-770.x, SMPTE 170, 240, 259, 267, 274, 292, 293, 295, 296, Australian, EIA/CEA-861D, NTSC and PAL.
- Advanced E-EDID parsing – Provide decoded EDID in human readable text.
- Hot-plug format list – Configures list of formats in accordance with EDID of connected sink. (
- Automatic and programmable HDMI InfoFrame setup.
- Audio testing – Internal sine wave generator, and external SPDIF audio input (HDMI). User defined sampling rates: 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 176.4 and 192kHz.
- Local pattern storage – Store multiple custom images (.bmp, .jpg, and .png) images in instrument.
- Self-calibrating – Analog video outputs are automatically adjusted against an internal precision reference. This assures video levels that are precise and reliable. Signal levels are auto-adjusted individually.
- Probe Trigger – Trigger a scope or inspection camera using the probe signal. Position a pulse anywhere in the frame.
- Central administration – Update and configure all networked instruments from a single computer.
- Network control – Fully control instrument from any network location with web browser or Telnet client.
- Graphics SDK – Create complex patterns based on your specifications using C++ software development kit.
- Easy to use – Access powerful features easily using intuitive user interface.
- Multiple configurations – Save and restore different instrument configurations for different applications.
- PC Card–Clone one generator to another using a standard CompactFlash card.
- IEEE-488-GPIB – (IEEE-488) command interface.
- RS-232 – Industry standard serial interface.
Features only on the 882E and not on the 881E:
- HDMI EDID Compliance Test – Runs the HDMI compliance test on the EDID of the connected sink device.
- HDMI Active Format Descriptor (AFD) testing – Ability to run the active format descriptor test on a sink device under test.
- HDMI pixel repetition testing – Ability to run the pixel repetition test on a sink device under test.
- HDMI PacketTx test image & report – Enables you to view the data island and infoframe data transmitted from the HDMI transmitter to the HDMI sink under test.
- Aux Channel Analyzer (ACA) – Enables you to monitor the DDC channel for the HDCP authentication transactions and EDID exchanges and CEC messages on the CEC bus.
- EDID Editor – Modify EDIDs or create your own custom EDIDs.
- HDMI Analyzer – Additional option for the HDMI input port for the analyzer functionality.
The Teledyne LeCroy quantumdata 882E offers the following options:
- Integrated Troubleshooting Environment (ITE) “CEC Controller” – Ability to emulate a CEC device and send messages and respond to messages. Also enables you to simulate CEC errors such as timing and bit errors as well as acknowledgement and arbitration errors.
- Analog Tx – Supports component and composite analog video output for testing analog inputs on HDTVs and other displays.
- HDMI Analyzer (Rx) port – This 882EA-HDMI model supports testing HDMI source devices. Refer to the 882EA-HDMI model for more details.
The following is a list of some of important specifications of the 881E/882E-HDMI instrument. Please refer to the 881E-HDMI & 882E-HDMI Data Sheets for a list of all features, benefits, options and specifications.
- HDMI Tx – Connector: Type A; Pixel rate: Up to 165 MHz; TMDS rate: up to 225 MHz with deep color. Video Type/Sampling: RGB/YCbCr 4:4:4, 4:2:2, 24/30/36 bit color; Colorimetry: ITU-R BT.601-5, ITU-R BT.709-5.
- VGA – Connector (option with 882E): HD15F.
- Analog component for CEA video formats (option with 882E) – Connector: HD15F; Video Type: YPbPr; Pixel rate: up to 250 MHz.
- Analog RGB for VESA video formats (option with 882E) – Connector: HD15F; Video Type: RGB; Pixel rate: up to 250 MHz.
- Analog composite (option with 882E) – Connector: BNC & Y/C S-Video; NTSC and PAL up to 14.75 MHz.
- Front panel LCD push button interface: Screen size: 4-line x 80 character.
- 10/100 BaseT Ethernet (TCP/IP, FTP, Telnet).
- RS-232 – Serial command line for automated control.
- Power (AC) – VAC 90 to 264VAC; Power: Frequency: 47 – 63Hz.
- Dimensions – Height 3.42 inches (8.70 cm); Width: 13.0 inches (33.0 cm); Depth: 11.20 inches (28.40 cm).
- Weight – 8.62 LBS (3.9 Kg).
- Environmental – Humidity: 30% – 80% RH non-condensing; Operating Temp: 32 – 104 F (0 – 40 C).