The Teledyne LeCroy quantumdata 881D/882D offers the following features:
- DTV ready–Pre-programmed standard DTV formats are ready for immediate use. Digital outputs support YCbCr color encoding. Analog outputs support tri-level composite sync and YPbPr.
- Built-in formats–Over 350 popular video formats are built-in including VESA, ATSC, EIA-770.x, SMPTE 170, 240, 259, 267, 274, 292, 293, 295, 296, Australian, EIA/CEA-861C, NTSC and PAL.
- HDMI–Full single-link HDMI DVI. HDCP production keys for HDMI output.
- DVI–Full dual-link. HDCP production keys for DVI output.
- Local pattern storage–Store multiple custom images (.bmp, .jpg, and .png) images in instrument.
- Self-calibrating–Analog video outputs are automatically adjusted against an internal precision reference. This assures video levels that are precise and reliable. Signal levels are auto-adjusted individually.
- 400 MHz analog pixel rate–Programmable precision RGB, YPbPr.
- Probe–Trigger a scope or inspection camera using the probe signal. Position a pulse anywhere in the frame.
- Advanced E-EDID parsing
- Hot-plug format list to configure formats in accordance with EDID. (
- 3D Pattern Testing for formats (HDMI)
- Automatic and manual InfoFrame setup (HDMI)
- Internal sine wave generator, and external SPDIF audio input (HDMI).
- 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 176.4 and 192kHz audio sampling rates (HDMI).
- Generates all EIA/CEA-861D formats below 165 MHz, with all possible variations.
- Complete letterbox and scope coverage (HDMI).
- 4:2:2 color sub-sampling at 8, 10, and 12-bits per component (HDMI).
- Easy to use–Access powerful features easily using intuitive user interface.
- Multiple configurations–Save and restore different instrument configurations for different applications.
- Central administration–Update and configure all networked instruments from a single computer.
- Network control–Fully control instrument from any network location with web browser or Telnet client.
- Graphics SDK–Create complex patterns based on your specifications using C++ software development kit.
- RS-232-Industry standard serial interface.
- IEEE-488-GPIB (IEEE-488) interface. interface.
- PC Card–Clone one generator to another using a standard CompactFlash card.
The following features are only available on the 882D:
- HDMI EDID Compliance Test – Runs the HDMI compliance test on the EDID of the connected sink device.
- HDMI Active Format Descriptor (AFD) testing – Ability to run the active format descriptor test on a sink device under test.
- HDMI pixel repetition testing – Ability to run the pixel repetition test on a sink device under test.
- HDMI PacketTx test image & report – Enables you to view the data island and infoframe data transmitted from the HDMI transmitter to the HDMI sink under test.
- EDID Editor – Modify EDIDs or create your own custom EDIDs.
The Teledyne LeCroy quantumdata 881D/882D offers the following options:
- HD-SDI Interface – 1.485Gb/s and 1.485/1.001Gb/s, YCbCr 4:2:2 color sub-sampling at 10-bits per component.
- EDID Test – Runs EDID Compliance test on an HDMI display. Only available on the 882D.
The following is a list of some of important specifications of the 881D/882D test instrument. Please refer to the 881D/882D Data Sheet for a list of all features, benefits, options and specifications.
- HDMI Tx – Connector: Type A; Pixel rate: Up to 165 MHz. Video Type/Sampling: RGB/YCbCr 4:4:4, 4:2:2; Colorimetry: ITU-R BT.601-5, ITU-R BT.709-5.
- DVI Dual Link Tx – Connector: Type A; Pixel rate: Up to 330 MHz. Video Type/Sampling: RGB 4:4:4 24 bit color; Colorimetry: ITU-R BT.601-5, ITU-R BT.709-5.
- Analog component – Connector: DVI; Video Type: YPbPr; Pixel rate: up to 400 MHz.
- Analog composite – Connector: BNC & Y/C S-Video; NTSC and PAL up to 14.75 MHz.
- Front panel LCD push button interface; Screen size: 4-line x 80 characters.
- 10/100 BaseT Ethernet (TCP/IP, FTP, Telnet).
- RS-232 – Serial command line for automated control.
- Power (AC) – VAC 90 to 264VAC; Power: Frequency: 47 – 63Hz.
- Dimensions – Height 3.42 inches (8.70 cm); Width: 13.0 inches (33.0 cm); Depth: 11.20 inches (28.40 cm).
- Weight – 8.62 LBS (3.9 Kg).
The following is a list of accessories that come with the 881D/882D-HDMI instrument.
- Null Modem (p/n 30-00124) – The null modem cable is provide with all 880 series generators. It is used for connecting a PC to the generator to control the generator through the command line interface.
- Ethernet crossover cable (p/n 30-00151) – The Ethernet cross over cable is provide with all 880 series generators. It is used for connecting a PC to the generator for web browser access.
- Line Cord (p/n 30A00400A03) – The 6 foot line cord is provided with all 880 series generators. It is a detachable power cord used to provide power to the generator.
- VGA to HDTV adapter (p/n 99-00503) – The 0.5 foot VGA to HDTV adapter cable is provided with all 880 series generators. It is used to connect a VGA cable from the generator to a TV monitor with RCA connectors.
- BNC to RCA adapter (p/n 30-00123) – The BNC to RCA adapter is provided with 880 series generators that have the TV option. It is used on the TV to allow a coaxial cable connection from the TV to the generator’s BNC TV output.
- DVI to HDMI adapter (p/n 30-00145) – The 6 foot DVI to HDMI cable is provided with 880 series generators. It is used to connect the generator to a DVI monitor from the generator’s HDMI output connector.
- HDMI to HDMI adapter (p/n 30-00146) – The 6 foot HDMI to HDMI cable is provided with 880 series generators. It is used to connect the generator to an HDMI monitor from the generator’s HDMI output connector.
- VGA HD15(M) to RCA (p/n 30-00147) – The 6 foot VGA to (1)RCA cable is provided with 880 series generators that do not have the HDMI analyzer option. It is used to connect an external digital audio source to the generator’s AV monitoring port.
- VGA HD15(M) to (5)BNC(M) (p/n 30-00141) – The 1.5 foot VGA to (5)BNC(M) cable is an optional cable that has to be ordered separately. It is used to connect a VGA cable to a TV monitor at the BNC connectors.
- VGA HD15(M) to (5)BNC(F) (p/n 30-00142) – The 1.5 foot VGA to (5)BNC(F) cable is an optional cable that has to be ordered separately. It is used to connect a VGA cable to a TV monitor at the BNC connectors.
- DVI to DVI (p/n 99-00494) – The 6 foot DVI to DVI cable is an optional cable that has to be ordered separately. It is used to connect the generator’s DVI output to a DVI monitor.
- ESD-1 (00-00167) – Provides external ESD protection for DVI connectors.
- ESD-2 (00-00189) – Provides external ESD protection for HDMI connectors.
- Compact Flash Memory Card (82-00133 and 82-00134) – 128MB Compact flash memory card.
- Remote keypad (00-00123) – Allow entry of numeric command to load images and formats from up to 43″ (1.1 m) from the generator.