The Teledyne LeCroy quantumdata 802BT can be equipped with a variety of digital video or analog video interfaces. The 802BT has a rich set of features for running functional tests on displays. The instrument can be controlled either through the front panel or the command line.
The 802BT provides the following features:
- DTV signal capability – Pre-programmed standard DTV formats are ready for immediate use. Digital outputs support YCbCr color encoding. Analog outputs support tri-level composite sync and YPbPr.
- 200MHz analogy – Analog component output offers 200MHz pixel rate.
- Programmable video settings – Select RGB, YPbPr video type and sampling.
- External Trigger input – Trigger a scope or inspection camera using the probe signal. Position a pulse anywhere in the frame using the 802’s knobs.
- Self-calibrating – Analog video outputs are automatically adjusted against an internal precision reference. This assures video levels that are precise and reliable. Signal levels are auto-adjusted individually.
- RS-232 Interface – Industry standard serial interface.
- Application Programming Interface (API) – We provide the code needed to connect to your ATE application program.
- Video Generator Manager™ software – Provides a Windows-based user interface for controlling the generator, creating formats and images, upgrading firmware, creating test sequences, and more.
- PCMCIA drive – Clone one generator to another using a standard RAM memory card.
- Easy firmware updates – Easy firmware updates with flash EPROMs. Update your generator using a PC and VGM™ software.
- Built-in formats – Over 250 popular video formats are built-in including VESA, ATSC, EIA-770.x, SMPTE 170, 240, 267, 274, 293, 295, 296, Australian, EIA/CEA-861D, NTSC, NTSC-J, NTSC-443, PAL, PAL-60, and PAL-N.
- Format justify – Reduces the pixel clock on formats exceeding the 802’s maximum, while maintaining image centering and the original horizontal and vertical frequencies. This allows you to perform many tests on medical and ultra-high res displays without the cost of a 600 MHz video generator. Easily test 4096 x 4096 displays, and higher.
- Library of common test patterns – Over 300 built-in test images let you accurately adjust a display or projector to the same accuracy as the original factory settings. Images test color, size, linearity, convergence, focus, persistence and more.
- Bitmap download – Use the USB or serial port to download custom 8-bit or 24-bit bitmap (.bmp) images from your PC.
- 24-bit pixel depth – 8 bit per component color depth.
- WinColorKit – Microsoft’s color matching standard is supported with a new interactive image (sRGBflat).
The 802BT provides the following options:
- Single-link (165 MHz) DVI-I connector (includes HDCP production keys).
- Dual-link (330 MHz) DVI-I connector (includes HDCP production keys).
- HDMI transmitter features (includes HDCP production keys):
- TV option.
- With CVBS and S-video outputs.
- Supports OpenLDI LVDS up to 224 MHz.
- OPTF16 Option.
- 2V swing on analog output.
- GPIB (IEEE-488) interface.
- Component outputs (VS, HS/CS, B, G, R)
The following is a list of some of important specifications of the 802BT. Please refer to the 802BT Data Sheet for a list of all specifications.
- Connector – One HDMI Type A.
- TMDS – Single link up to 165MHz character rate.
Analog Component Video Output
- Connectors – One HD-15 D-Sub (VGA Type) @ 75 ohms; Five BNC RGBHV @ 75 ohms
- Video levels – Video Swing: 0-1000mV; Sync Swing: 0-400mV; Video Setup: 0-100 IRE
Analog Composite Video Output (CVBS)
- Connector – One BNC @ 75 ohms
- Encoding – NTSC, PAL
- Video Swing – 700mV, adjustable 0 – 1000mV
- Sync Swing – 300m, adjustable 0 – 400mV
EGA Video Output
- Connector – One BNC @ 75 ohms
- Signals – Digital TTL RrGgBb
- Power (AC) – VAC: 90 to 264VAC; Frequency: 47 – 63Hz
- Dimensions – Height 3.8 inches (99 mm); Width: 12.2 inches (310 mm); Depth: 7.7 inches (196 mm)
- Weight – 7 LBS (3.2 Kg)
- Operating Temp: 0 – 40 C (0 – 40 C)
- Environmental – Humidity: 30% – 80% RH non-condensing
The 802BT includes the following cables and accessories.
- Null Modem (p/n 30-00124) – The null modem cable is provide with all 880 series generators. It is used for connecting a PC to the generator to control the generator through the command line interface.
- Line Cord (p/n 30A00400A03) – The 6 foot line cord is provided with all 880 series generators. It is a detachable power cord used to provide power to the generator.
- VGA to HDTV adapter (p/n 99-00503) – The 0.5 foot VGA to HDTV adapter cable is provided with all 880 series generators. It is used to connect a VGA cable from the generator to a TV monitor with RCA connectors.
- BNC to RCA adapter (p/n 30-00123) – The BNC to RCA adapter is provided with 880 series generators that have the TV option. It is used on the TV to allow a coaxial cable connection from the TV to the generator’s BNC TV output.
- DVI to HDMI adapter (p/n 30-00145) – The 6 foot DVI to HDMI cable is provided with 880 series generators. It is used to connect the generator to a DVI monitor from the generator’s HDMI output connector.
- HDMI to HDMI cable (p/n 30-00146) – The 6 foot HDMI to HDMI cable is provided with 880 series generators. It is used to connect the generator to an HDMI monitor from the generator’s HDMI output connector.
- VGA HD15(M) to RCA (p/n 30-00147) – The 6 foot VGA to (1)RCA cable is provided with 880 series generators that do not have the HDMI analyzer option. It is used to connect an external digital audio source to the generator’s AV monitoring port.
- VGA HD15(M) to (5)BNC(M) (p/n 30-00141) – The 1.5 foot VGA to (5)BNC(M) cable is an optional cable that has to be ordered separately. It is used to connect a VGA cable to a TV monitor at the BNC connectors.
- VGA HD15(M) to (5)BNC(F) (p/n 30-00142) – The 1.5 foot VGA to (5)BNC(F) cable is an optional cable that has to be ordered separately. It is used to connect a VGA cable to a TV monitor at the BNC connectors.
- ESD-1 (00-00167) – Provides external ESD protection for DVI connectors.
- ESD-2 (00-00189) – Provides external ESD protection for HDMI connectors.
- Compact Flash Memory Card (82-00133 and 82-00134) – 128MB Compact flash memory card.
- Remote keypad (00-00123) – Allow entry of numeric command to load images and formats from up to 43″ (1.1 m) from the generator.